Experience and Skills
* Bright, professional, and motivated with the desire to excel in an intellectually challenging environment.
* Bachelor’s degree
* 4 years minimum experience working in investment banking, private equity, corporate development, etc. required.
* Interest and curiosity in the Diversified Industrials sector
* Proficiency with Bloomberg, Capital IQ and Tableau a plus
* Advanced knowledge of business software (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* High level of financial knowledge (financial modeling, macroeconomics, current events, etc.).
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong work ethic and teamwork skills. Self-motivated, with a strong desire to excel in a challenging field.
* Good judgment in confidential situations and ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
* High degree of comfort interacting with senior executives
* Flexibility to work long hours, nights, and weekends, as needed for workflow.
* Possession of Securities Industries Essentials (SIE), Series 79, and 63 licenses preferred but not required. New hires without these licenses will require successful completion upon hiring.
In this role you will:
* Actively participate in live deals, such as M&A, IPOs, and advisory.
* Perform day-to-day functions for advancing a transaction.
* Develop business valuation and financial models.
* Create transaction and client marketing materials.
* Support senior bankers in business development and the sourcing and execution of transactions.
* Attend tradeshows and industry events as needed.
* Interact with clients and potential clients on transactional and technical issues.
* Manage internal deal teams as it pertains to workflow and work product.
* Work with the investment banking analysts, including training and oversight of the work product.
* Travel will be required.
What we offer:
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
* Paid holidays
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
The potential base pay hiring range for this role is $160,000 - $175,000. The compensation offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis considering a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the skills, relevant work experience, and geographic location of each specific candidate.
At D.A. Davidson, we are committed to fostering a diverse environment that supports the development and inclusivity of all employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.