Experience and Skills
* BS/BA Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or equivalent work experience.
* Ability to obtain required industry exams: Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) and FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7) Exam and Uniform Securities State Law Exam (Series 66 [or Series 63/65]).
* Proven ability to build client/customer relationships including excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
* Strong inter-personal, client-service skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships and handle multiple and varied client situations.
* Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Must be available to work in the office in one of our existing Wealth Management branch locations.
* Build a client base by executing business development activities such as networking, prospecting, and leveraging existing relationships.
* Maintain client relationships with integrity, sound advice and high ethical standards.
* Maintain an exceptional working knowledge of financial markets and economic principals in order to advise and service clients at a high standard of care.
* Foster an ongoing professional relationship with clients. Understand the client’s investment objectives, tolerance for risk and financial situation. Conduct in-depth analyses of client portfolios and potential suitable investments.
* Know, understand and comply with all policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Firm as well as the various regulatory agencies. Ensure that clients also comply with rules and regulations. Anticipate potential issues and/or problems and use independent judgment to take appropriate action and/or to alert respective investment executive and/or branch management as necessary.
* Keep informed of all pertinent information and activity related to a client’s account and transactions to include issues related to client suitability. Apply knowledge to initiate actions related to client accounts.
* Achieve and maintain a solid understanding of all client-solutions available that include manage accounts, retirement accounts and annuities and their impact on a client’s portfolio.
* Provide work direction to Associate staff members.
What we offer:
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement ($15,000 lifetime cap)
* Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
The potential base pay hiring range for this role is $55,000 - $75,000. The compensation offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis considering a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the skills, relevant work experience, and geographic location of each specific candidate.
D.A. Davidson has been in business for over 87 years! As an employee-owned company, our success is driven by our high standards of business ethics, integrity and the belief that our Associates are our most important assets. We hope you will consider joining us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.