Experience and Skills
* Provide research coverage for a universe of securities among several economic sectors of the stock market. Analyze, integrate and examine historical company financial statements, the overall economic climate, and the fundamentals of a given industry and interview company management in order to formulate a forecast of a company’s future financial prospects.
* Regularly compile comprehensive research reports on potential investment opportunities.
* Conduct quantitative valuation on current and potential portfolio holdings, through discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, relative valuation, and sum of the parts valuation methodologies.
* Provide ongoing due diligence coverage for firms across industries, focusing on financial, operational and managerial results, both on a quarterly and annualized basis.
* Participate in daily research meetings and present insights on owned securities, as well as in regard to potential new investment opportunities for portfolios.
* Provide analysis and commentary on macro trends, with a particular focus on impact to portfolio holdings and positioning.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.
* Successful completion of the FINRA General Securities Representative Exam (Series 7) Uniformed Combined State Law Exam (Series 66)
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or other related field.
* CFA designation, or progress/interest in obtaining the designation.
* Working knowledge of Bloomberg financial terminal
* Strong written and oral communications skills, analytical and human relations skills.
* Ability to interact with co-workers in a professional manner in a variety of situations.
* Working knowledge of security industry rules and regulations.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and graphics.
* Ability to work independently and follow through on projects.
* Seasoned knowledge of the department’s investment philosophy, policies and procedures.
* Strong presentation skills.
What we offer:
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
* Paid holidays
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement ($15,000 lifetime cap)
* Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles.
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
D.A. Davidson has been in business for over 87 years. As an employee-owned company, our success is driven by our high standards of business ethics, integrity and the belief that our Associates are our most important assets. We hope you will consider joining us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.