Experience and Skills
* Fund/manager screening, analysis, and due diligence.
* Monitor investments, calculate performance attribution and explain manager and portfolio results.
* Build and maintain relationships with external investment managers and research representatives.
* Serve as a subject matter expert and resource supporting the firm’s Financial Advisors.
* Build presentations and conveying complex ideas to broad audiences of colleagues.
* Attend manager and industry events to establish relationships and generate investment ideas.
* Occasional travel will be expected and necessary at times.
* Contribute to the firm’s research, marketing, and other initiatives, as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, economics or related field.
* 3+ years of proven experience in mutual fund and/or separate account manager research, preferably in an environment of working with financial advisors.
* Series 7 & 65/66 or willingness to obtain immediately required.
* Spotless U-4 and CRD is mandatory.
* CFA charter or progress toward designation will be considered favorably.
* Willingness to work in-office strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must have strong quantitative and qualitative aptitudes with superior writing, speaking and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of portfolio construction- including investment techniques, asset allocation and economic / capital markets theory.
* Highly proficient in data gathering, time management, analysis, and presentation.
* Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work well independently, and as part of a cohesive team.
* Organized and able to manage multiple time sensitive projects at a time with little supervision.
* Displays accountability, humility, and impeccable ethics.
* A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research content and advice.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with investment research databases (Morningstar, eVestment, etc.).
Benefits and Perks
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
* Paid Holidays
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
The potential base pay hiring range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000. The compensation offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis considering a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the skills, relevant work experience, and geographic location of each specific candidate.
What we offer:
D.A. Davidson has been in business for over 87 years! As an employee-owned company, our success is driven by our high standards of business ethics and integrity. We offer a robust compensation package as well as competitive health benefits, company 401(k)and ESOP contribution, charitable gift-matching program and most importantly, an enviable corporate culture. If you are a talented Financial Professional looking for a lifestyle change to beautiful Montana, we hope you will consider this unique opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.