Experience and Skills
• Proactive and analytical approach, ability to process information quickly and make sound decisions within strict time constraints.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
• Proficient computer skills, able to utilize new systems or programs as necessary. Working knowledge of DBC Finance is preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience preferred. Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: Public Finance investment banking; municipal bond analysis; municipal underwriting.
• Solid analytical and math aptitude.
• Working knowledge of the technical procedures and legal requirements for structuring and selling new and refunding municipal bond issues.
• FINRA Series 52 license required within first six months of employment.
• Partner with the Public Finance bankers to conduct analysis with a focus on the larger context including the client's goals and expectations.
• Provide Public Finance underwriters and bankers with creative financial and technically correct numeric and analytic support to secure new municipal bond financing business. There is an emphasis on structured finance bond transactions, such as school, housing, and public facilities transactions with this position.
• Research issuer financial information using public and internal resources.
• Research industry and financial market trends and analyzing such data.
• Ability to provide sophisticated, creative, accurate numeric analysis to Public Finance investment banking colleagues in a timely manner, often with multiple conflicts or overlapping deadlines.
• Assist in the quantitative and qualitative preparation and presentation of internal credit memos and external publications.
• Provide traders and salespeople with appropriate municipal bond pricing and debt service schedules, financial analyses and background information at the time of bond sale through settlement.
• Assist Public Finance bankers in researching potential refinancing opportunities.
• Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
• Perform any other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Provide analytic support within the quantitative team.
What we offer:
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
• Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
• Paid holidays
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Tuition Reimbursement ($15,000 lifetime cap)
• Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles
• Charitable gift-matching program
• Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $80,000 and additional consideration will be provided in recognition of skills and relevant prior work experience, along with eligibility for a quarterly bonus of up to fifty percent of base pay. This role will be eligible for all benefits that D.A. Davidson Companies provides for its employees, according to the benefit plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive.