Experience and Skills
* BA degree or equivalent education and related training.
* Attorney, JD, or CTFA professional designation preferred.
* Minimum of 5+ years in Trust Administration.
* Graduate of Cannon or other field specific program.
* Knowledge of current developments in estate planning and trust administration.
* Effectively administer fiduciary accounts and related agency accounts. Analyze and interpret legal instruments; Apply sound fiduciary judgment to trust matters.
* Identify and resolve client issues arising in the course of administration of an account and provide professional service to satisfy client needs.
* Review and approve initial account reviews. Develop and approve estate, trust, agency and ILIT account reviews.
* Solid understanding of the financial markets.
* Strong PC skills, to include Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
* Extensive knowledge of the interpretation and practical application of document provisions, probate law, taxes, investments and the legal framework of estate and trust administration.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to resolve questions arising from account administration.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, leadership ability and social, professional etiquette.
* Seasoned sales and presentation skills and customer relation skills.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Ability to travel as needed
* Manage, prepare, develop and facilitate the delivery of trust services for both normal and the more complex estate plans to include:
* Multigenerational trusts with broad discretion among multi-family lines.
* Complex gifting situations
* Unusual family dynamics
* Litigation concerns
* Interaction with multiple co-trustees as well as family and professional advisors
* Closely held businesses
* Administration of complex estate settlements and new successor trustee appointments
The estate planning needs may include multi-family and generational planning, dynasty trusts, disclaimers and complex wealth replacement strategies. The net worth of this type of client may include multiple residences and business interests, livestock, conservation real estate and multiple levels of options and retirement assets.
* Participate in new business development.
* Regularly initiate contact with existing and potential customer referrals to expand/establish relationships and acquire additional assets.
* Retain client base by adhering to established client contact standards. Involve all team members as necessary.
* Promote trust services and establish new trust accounts in Davidson branches. Conduct product and referral training for Financial Professional’s (FPs). Develop goodwill and provide assistance to any Davidson FPs and affiliates.
* Develop and cultivate external centers of influence (FPs, Attorneys, CPAs, etc.) and actively participate in community affairs and professional associations to facilitate the acquisition of new business and promote Davidson Trust Co. services.
* Identify client needs based on significant life events. Counsel clients on a variety of financially based life decisions. Execute decisions and manage financial risk for client accounts.
* Keep abreast of changes in legislations and regulations affecting estate planning and trust administration.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.