Experience and Skills
* 2+ years of prior trust administration or related wealth management experience preferred.
* College degree or equivalent experience (preferably within trust administration) preferred.
* Paralegal certification or past employment in the capacity of a paralegal a plus.
* Previous experience in the financial service industry or working knowledge of trust administration and fiduciary services.
* Comprehensive understanding of the degree of administration required for trust accounts.
* Basic understanding of fiduciary tax issues surrounding trust accounts.
* Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications and other proprietary systems.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Follow policies and procedures and maintain client confidentiality.
* Exercise good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information.
* Skilled at multi-tasking, managing priorities and problem solving skills.
* Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to identify and escalate issues as appropriate.
* Strong time management skills, ability to adapt and be flexible.
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to proactively work and relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Ability to work overtime if needed.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Davidson Trust Company policies and procedures.
* Open new accounts through established account opening process. Verify that all assets have transferred and are set up properly within 30 days of asset transfer.
* Coordinate with the Trust Officer the necessary actions to be taken to close an account in an accurate and timely manner.
* Process correspondence, reports, proposals as requested by the Trust Officer.
* Assist in the administration of accounts at the direction of the Trust Officer.
* Assist in preparing administrative reviews and requests for discretionary payments as requested by the Trust Officer.
* Complete basic information on annual reviews and coordinate with the Trust Officer.
* Process client remittances and bill payments and ensuring they are per the terms of the trust document and include proper authorization.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of trust accounting principles.
* Research and respond to respond to client requests as necessary. Provide account information if requested.
* Review and maintain daily reports and other periodic forms. Monitor and assist in covering overdrafts. Resolve and follow through to completion.
* Ability to deal with various professionals such as Financial Advisors, attorneys, and CPA’s.
Perform various administrative duties to include:
* Maintain client files. Scan and file correspondence and other account documents into internal databases.
* Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail. Prepare Fed Ex packages for shipment.
* Establish client files, statements, and maintain ticklers for new accounts.
* Maintain closed files, custody records for additions and withdrawals to the legal vault and account file destruction schedule and records.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.