Experience and Skills
* Four-year college degree and/or significant related work experience
* Five years of hands on experience with VOIP systems design, implementations, support, monitoring, and security. Experience in Avaya Voice Systems required.
* Detailed knowledge of Avaya Communication 8.X in a distributed and centralized environment, Avaya Session Manager 8.X, VoIP (H.323 and SIP) and TDM (ISDN and RBS), applications in a Call Center environment, Avaya Peripheral Gateways, Avaya CMS, Modular Messaging, AES, Avaya 1X Agent, Avaya Voice / VOIP / SIP / ANALOG.
* Advanced technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, prem and cloud. Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of systems.
* Must have a strong understanding of industry standard VOIP technologies including SIP, H.323, G.711, G.729, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, TFTP, IEEE 802.3 family, QoS, and CoS.
* Experience designing and implementing Cisco Room Kit and Telepresence solutions
* Experience with Web Conferencing solutions such as Webex, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
* Background in UCaaS, and other related technologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
* Time management and prioritization skills.
* Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
* Ability to develop strong working relationships.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
* Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Flexible work schedule is a requirement, must be able to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Engineer will be responsible for managing technical excellence within the Voice/Network Team and providing technical assistance
* Engineer will be responsible for administering and support of Davidson Avaya and Cisco technologies.
* Installs and maintains voice, data, and video equipment according to layouts, floor plans, sketches, and wiring diagrams
* Ability to design, administer, troubleshoot, and support dial-plans and call flows/vectors
* Able to manage and support legacy Avaya PBX solutions (PRI, Analog, Digital)
* Work closely with other Davidson IT department
* Learn and adhere to all company policies and procedures. Attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or new policies and/or procedures. Recommend changed to IT procedures to improve productivity and/or reduce costs. Participate in policy or procedure meetings. Review and update specific policies considered an area of expertise.
* Regarded as a subject matter expert and may act as a technical project leader
* Provides technical support and maintenance for new or existing telecommunications services
* Understand an adhere to the IT Change Management process
* Closely follow IT Standards and Operating Procedures
* Manage IT Tickets and Support issues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.