Experience and Skills
* High School diploma or comparable work experience. AA degree in accounting preferred.
* Ability to operate a computer and adding machine by touch.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Familiarity with department policies and procedures.
* Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
* Working knowledge of House, SEC and Exchange margin and cash account requirements, safekeeping, segregation, etc.
* Following policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Communicating in a clear and service oriented manner, using appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Compile data, using a computer, to determine customer margin (equity) in stocks purchased and total customer account value, and to compute the difference between purchase price of stock and present market value to show amount due to firm.
* Notify Financial Professional (FP) and supervisor whenever a customer account does not meet minimum margin requirements based on regulations or firm requirements, and when a customer account has funds/securities due as a result of trading activity.
* Resolve customer margin account problems using customer account information and transaction records.
* Work closely with FP’s and Client Associates in all accounting, bookkeeping and day to day activities of the department to include:
- Make journal entries and adjustments to client and firm accounts. Review activity for proper approvals.
- Approve checks, ACH payments, and Fed Wire transfers for clients.
- Approve asset transfers for clients.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.