Experience and Skills
* Law degree with a license to practice in one or more states.
* Ethical, reliable and responsible.
* Expert background in employment and employee benefits laws.
* Current and broad knowledge of securities rules and regulations as well as corporate and general law.
* Experience drafting offer letters, employment agreements and employee-related policies and procedures.
* Background in the operations of a financial services business, including broker/dealer, investment advisor and trust company functions.
* Strong human relations, negotiation and communications skills both oral and written.
* High productivity and the ability to produce quality work products.
* Ability to function in a computerized environment.
* Flexibility and sensitivity to facilitate discussions, convey information and implement change at all levels throughout the Companies.
* Attention to detail and ability to respond to urgent situations in a timely manner.
* Maintain client confidentiality.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Provide legal advice to management. Recommend and assist in establishing, maintaining and implementing Company policies and procedures based on legal opinion.
* Serve as main legal contact for the Company’s Human Capital Department in all areas of employment and employee benefit matters.
* Identify and research new laws, rules and regulations related to employment and employee benefits law that will impact the Company. Distribute information regarding those policies and procedures to appropriate personnel. Assist Human Capital in the development or modification of current policies and procedures to address any changes and communicate resulting process.
* Provide expert legal assistance for issues affecting Davidson Companies and its subsidiaries. Provide professional legal counsel and representation for complex legal affairs and proceedings. Respond to complex requests for legal advice from personnel.
* Work with Human Capital and Davidson Companies business units on the design and implementation of compensation and incentive plans or programs.
* Defend the Company against litigation and regulatory matters. Coordinate and manage all aspects of litigation, including selection and management of outside counsel, production of documents, management of involved employees and witnesses, advising relevant business heads and negotiating settlements.
* Monitor labor, employment, and benefits law developments and recommending changes to company policies, while assisting with the creation of additional policies that may be needed.
* Manage any and all employment-related litigation and administrative matters (e.g. OSHA, DOL, EEOC) and related investigations.
* Conduct internal investigations related to personnel matters. Providing counsel and guidance to Human Capital personnel conducting investigations.
* Conduct collection efforts against persons indebted to the Company to ensure the payment of owed funds.
* Work proactively with member of the Human Capital department to understand personnel strategies and corresponding legal implications. Identify and mitigate risk associated with those strategies and resulting projects. Advise business heads on all areas related to employment law to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies.
* Participate and coordinate complex legal projects involving specialized knowledge of labor and employment laws, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, WARN, FMLA, labor law, wage and hour, wrongful termination/employment torts and other federal, state and local laws.
* Assist Compliance and Registrations with licensing and customer issues as necessary.
* Assist with special projects and perform other duties as necessary or requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.