Experience and Skills
* Working knowledge of the Service Desk system, phone system, supporting business applications, workflows and processes
* Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware
* Bachelor’s degree in field of specialty or equivalent IT Support experience
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone
* Excellent customer service skills; ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels
* Familiar with department policies, processes and procedures
* Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior
* Ability to work a variety of shifts
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed
* Organized and detail oriented
* Respond, resolve, and escalate incidents or requests, both in person and over the phone, in a timely manner.
* Attain performance goals set by management for resolving incidents being logged into the support queue; provide escalation support and satisfactory customer service
* Troubleshoot and assist D.A. Davidson Companies’ employees with using their computer and computer peripherals, applications and security credentials
* Evaluate work load and capacity of computers and computer system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing capabilities or performance; recommend improvements to IT management
* Assist in the support of business applications to include but not limited to: patching, testing, software licensing tracking, installing, upgrading, receiving application training, attending internal and external meetings, providing end user training, monitoring application performance, working with vendor support and sales, budgeting and creating documentation to end users and IT staff
* Assist in the support of computer life-cycle and office technology to include but not limited to: patching, imaging, deploying, transferring user profiles, evaluating, securing, receiving training on computer O/S and hardware, maintain inventory, manage printer support agreements, work with vendor support and sales, provide documentation to end users and IT staff and help resolve incidents with computer related to the O/S, core applications or hardware that has been escalated from the Service Desk
* Work with management to improve personal technical proficiency, support and customer service skills; identify and complete technical training and certifications; develop other work or career goals where progress can be tracked and discussed
* Learn and adhere to all D. A. Davidson Companies’ policies and procedures; attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or new policies and/or procedures; recommend changed to IT procedures to improve productivity and/or reduce costs
* Adhere to and educate users of our defined cybersecurity best practices, which include credential management, phishing and malicious vigilance, and physical security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.