Experience and Skills
* Ability to work with computers and various software programs. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
* Perform key administrative support duties which include, but are not limited to: Read and prioritize all incoming correspondence and email messages for the banking team keeping strict confidentiality; prepare expense reports for the banking team; schedule meetings and conference calls; make travel arrangements;
* Strong attention to detail, efficient and accurate typing, proofreading, researching, filing and other general administrative skills to effectively execute normal daily functions of the position
* Able to multi-task and prioritize job assignments and have strong organizational skills
* Sound judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
* Ability to learn and understand the public finance market
* Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of and comply with FINRA, SEC and MSRB regulations regarding public finance business
* Ability to learn and comply with company and division operations, policies and procedures
* Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills; relate in a professional manner with public finance professionals, underwriters, bond counsel, client issuers and other parties in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives; and maintain client confidentiality
* Ability to work with minimal supervision either independently or as a team member, under strict time constraints and handle high-pressure situations
* Exercise independent judgment and initiative to complete tasks. Compose, edit and review correspondence, including letters, memoranda and RFPs. This may include taking raw text and data and transforming it into a professional, well-organized document. Coordinate and facilitate solicitations for Trustee, Underwriter’s Counsel and Bond Counsel and analyze bids to ascertain if they are within Costs of Issuance parameters for the issue. From this process, develop (for Banker’s review) the working group of the transaction.
* Ability to perform pertinent administrative tasks of the issue, including preparation of an engagement letter with certain regulatory disclosures.
* Follow and apply all current procedures for the submission of Commitments. This requires the ability to learn and maintain a comprehensive understanding of SEC Rule 152c-12 as well as the ability to work without supervision in developing and maintaining necessary due diligence, including the coordination with the Issuer Official in maintaining the Deems Final Certificate.
* Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the sales team and trading desk in order to assist them in selling public finance issues.
* Complete due diligence research for client/issuers regarding compliance with previous undertakings under SEC Rule 15c2-12 as applicable. Assist the client/issuer in respect to compliance with the undertakings.
* Plan, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks within established timeframes including coordinating with the working group. Communicate any changes to the parties of the transaction and ensure events of the issue stay on schedule. Further duties include coordinating circulation of draft documents, coordination of printing, bond costs of issuance, preparation of term sheet/sales memo for sales force, coordinating requests for CUSIPs, providing information to Operations to arrange DTC eligibility, preparation of the closing memorandum for the banking team’s review (include final costs of issuance and wiring instructions).
* Coordinate processes for closing transactions with internal and external parties.
* Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of MSRB rules that pertain to public finance.
* Serve as a resource to underwriters and bond counsel in researching details for documents.
* Comply with/meet all requirements relating to project documents regarding FINRA and MSRB rules.
* Proactively research potential refunding's and work with the Banking team to identify bond issue opportunities.
* Enter pending deals on the Firm’s Calendar List. Maintain an accurate account of the deals on the Experience List.
* Gather/maintain articles and research material from the Internet, newspapers and industry publications for the banking team business development and customer relation purposes.
* Maintain underwriting files and transcripts for each underwriting transaction per current policies and procedures.
* Maintain Municipal Advisory agreements for each Municipal Advisory relationship.
* Coordinate payment of underwriting expenses
* Perform any other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.