Experience and Skills
* Relevant investment banking transaction experience is required (significant sell-side M&A transaction a plus or capital markets)
* Ability to assist senior bankers in business development
* Comfortable interacting with senior executives
* Advanced knowledge of business software (especially Word, Excel and Power Point)
* Advanced knowledge of financial modeling, corporate finance and accounting
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including business writing
* Experienced in training and providing mentorship to associates, analysts and interns
* Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information
* Highly motivated to excel in a challenging field with desire to progress as a senior investment banker
* Understanding of how senior bankers develop clients relationships, with an interest to proactively begin business development
* Minimum 6 years of investment banking experience, or 3 years of experience with an MBA
* Series 79 (Series 7 may be applicable) and 63 licenses preferred but not required. New hires without these licenses will be required upon hiring
In this role you will:
* Lead the day-to-day execution of transactions, including preparing and reviewing financial models, presentations, managing marketing and due diligence processes, negotiating documentation and providing support for the Managing Director
* Assist in developing client relationships by providing professional advice, leading projects, structuring transactions, company positioning, due diligence, negotiating, etc.
* Contribute to revenue targets for deal teams through relationship development and identifying and recommending opportunities for the firm
* Actively contribute in client meetings and pitches
* Manage, train and develop Associates and Analysts at the firm
* Ensure high quality collaboration and production of work flow from Associates and Analysts
* Participate in recruiting efforts
At D.A. Davidson, we are committed to fostering a diverse environment that supports the development and inclusivity of all employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.