Experience and Skills
• Four-year college degree and/or significant related work experience.
• Prior management experience of 10 or more staff preferred.
• ITIL certified preferred. Certification will be required within 120 days of starting.
• Knowledge of the Financial Services industry preferred.
• Series 99 or equivalent preferred. Certification will be required within 120 of starting.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent problem solving skills is an acceptable substitute for formal computer help desk experience.
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
• Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
• Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
1. Provide daily operational oversite and ensure continuity of the IT Service Desk. This includes the management of personnel and processes.
2. Work closely with company business units and their respective branches to ensure that the business needs are understood and that prioritized incidents and requests are resolved in a timely manner.
3. Assist in the management and planning of hardware (printers, workstations, monitors) lifecycles across various divisions within the firm.
4. Work with software and hardware vendors to procure and maintain existing technologies and hardware.
5. Administer core Service Desk Infrastructure and Software, including call center and ticketing systems.
6. Maintain and enforce department processes, procedures, and documentation.
7. Produce and present KPIs and metrics across activities managed on the Service Desk, to senior management.
8. Assist in the analysis and escalation of trending issues across software and hardware deployed across the firm.
9. Assist in the implementation and support of any information technology related projects, assets, procedures, or applications.
10. Identify and pursue automation opportunities that optimize daily processes and tasks handled by Computer Support staff.
11. Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.