Experience and Skills
* Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize job assignments and strong organizational skills.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of and comply with FINRA, SEC and MSRB regulations regarding public finance business.
* Ability to promptly learn and work with various software programs, such as iMPACT, Confluence and Concur Expense.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
* Ability to edit and proofread documents.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision either independently or as a team member, under strict time constraints and handle high pressure situations with public finance professionals, underwriters, bond counsel, client issuers and other parties involved in each bond financing.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Thorough, in-depth knowledge in the preparation of required process and documentation for settlement of a public finance issue.
* Ability to apply good judgment and appropriately handle sensitive or confidential information and situations.
* Must be proactive and solution-oriented: be the first to notice problems, propose solutions, and help execute.
* 2+ years of relevant work experience.
* Support Public Finance Bankers with transaction-related tasks and administrative support.
* Conduct research to prepare presentations, pitch books and RFQ/RFPs.
* Add clients to iMPACT and search for Legal Entity Identifier.
* Initiate and maintain opportunities and underwriting transactions on iMPACT.
* Learn and navigate the functions and features of iMPACT.
* Prepare Disclosure Letters, Engagement Agreements, Closing Memorandums, Invoices and Term Sheets.
* Request and process CUSIPs.
* Learn and maintain knowledge of MSRB, SEC and FINRA regulations.
* Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
* Learn and maintain knowledge of D.A. Davidson’s Public Finance/Fixed Income Capital Market policies and procedures.
* Maintain underwriting files and transcripts for underwriting transactions.
* Process deal related expenses on iMPACT.
* Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the sales team and trading desk in order to assist them in selling public finance issues.
* Organize incoming correspondence and email messages for the Public Finance Bankers.
* Perform any other duties and special projects as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.