Experience and Skills
This is an outstanding opportunity if you are:
* Eager to leverage your passion for wealth management to help others as a financial advisor
* Driven to build a client-focused business
* Hardworking, honest and possess a high degree of integrity
* Team-oriented, with excellent communication skills
* Flexible and open-minded relative to relocation opportunities
* A recent college graduate with a degree in finance or related major; a near-term graduate student with a background in finance or related major; or a business professional with some (1-3 years) of financial services or transferable experience
Years 1 and 2 - D.A. Davidson Corporate Office (Seattle, WA)
As a member of our Apprentice Program, you will spend the first two years learning the core competencies of wealth management, focused on financial planning techniques, client service skills, and technology. During this time you will:
* Study and prepare to pass the FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licensing exams, as well as the insurance exam. The firm will provide you with everything you need to study. Upon completion of the required licensing exams, you may begin studying for the professional credential program of your choice, selected from our approved list.
* Learn wealth planning techniques and strategies, delve into the complexities of financial and estate planning, and become a specialist on the firm’s financial planning software, MoneyGuidePro®. Once proficient, you will partner with financial professionals around the firm and serve as a subject matter expert as they prepare financial plans for their clients.
* Participate in intensive training programs with other trainee financial advisors and apprentices to learn the skills and techniques required for meaningful client interaction, portfolio construction and investment implementation.
* Work as a key member of the Financial Services Representative Team, directly advising and guiding clients through investment strategies and proposals, and identify opportunities to help clients achieve their financial goals.
Throughout your time as a member of our apprentice team, you will engage with senior financial advisors around the firm to learn about the various aspects and nuances of managing a practice as a financial advisor. In your second year, you also will begin discussions with leaders in the firm to determine where you might fit into a growing practice as an apprentice financial advisor.
Year 3 - D.A. Davidson Branch Office (various locations)
You will spend the third and final year as an apprentice financial advisor in an assigned D.A. Davidson branch. In this role, you will act as a team member with a specified financial advisory team, engaging in daily activities of the practice such as wealth planning, client relationship management, prospecting, and practice management. Your branch assignment will be determined upon a variety of factors, including availability, location, and living arrangements. Best efforts will be made to consider your preferences.
Upon completion of the third year of the program, it is our goal that you formally join a financial advisory team as a valued, long-term team member. If this is not possible, you may be qualified for another role within the firm and will be encouraged to apply for other open positions. Completion of the Apprentice Program does not guarantee a permanent role at D.A. Davidson.
We are now accepting applications with a deadline of November 1, 2021. Our interview process is as follows:
* September-October 2021 - Applications accepted and first-round virtual interviews held
* November-December 2021 - Panel interviews in Seattle and final decisions made
* July 5, 2022 - Program begins in Seattle
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.