Experience and Skills
1. High School Diploma
2. Minimum of four years of paralegal experience
3. General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
4. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
5. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
6. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
7. Ability to work independently
8. Must be able to interpret and communicate complex legal subject matter in clear and simple terms
9. Proactive and ability to exercise sound judgement
10. Securities licensing to be determined
1. Paralegal Certification
1. Provide support to the Estates/Securities Processing Department for transactions and updates that require legal documentation.
2. Work with Estates Manager and Legal Department to develop or update departmental procedures and processes that pertain to legal documents or complicated account types
3. Act as a liaison between Estates, Operations and the Legal Department
4. Act as liaison between business units and Operations for complex and/or unique account relationships
5. Create and maintain documentation on unique transaction types and processing requirements.
6. Assist business units, Operations Managers and Associates and the Legal Department with client situations that require research of regulatory or legal requirements, documentation and resolution.
7. Serve as back-up for client identity verification process
8. Special projects which include participation on committees or in departmental or group initiatives
9. Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.