Experience and Skills
1. Assist with the planning, direction and administration of the Fixed Income Capital Markets compliance program, including all compliance oversight for public finance, municipal advisory, underwriting, trading and sales activities within Fixed Income Capital Markets.
2. Provide compliance oversight regarding the public finance business, including compliance with MSRB Rules G-17 as well as the Firm’s compliance with its policies and applicable laws and regulations relating to its municipal securities underwriting business
3. Provide compliance oversight regarding the Firm’s municipal advisory business, including compliance with MSRB Rule G-23 and G-42, as well as the Firm’s compliance with its policies as well as applicable laws and regulations relating to municipal advisory business
4. Perform Capital Markets targeted reviews to identify possible violations of industry rules and regulations and firm policies and procedures. Work with the Capital Markets Compliance team, Operations, business personnel on items needing additional follow-up and/or further inquiry. Prepare written reports to management documenting all areas of potential non-compliance. Develop a corrective plan and perform additional surveillance to ensure ongoing compliance.
5. Assist in the development and coordination of the Firms’ branch office audit program. Schedule and conduct audits to ensure compliance with applicable securities industry regulations and the Firm’s policies and procedures. Prepare written reports to senior management documenting all areas of non-compliance and develop a corrective action plan to ensure compliance.
6. Investigate, review and follow-up on customer complaints, arbitrations, regulatory investigations and inquiries; work with the Compliance Department and/or the Registration Department personnel to file any necessary FINRA 4530 filings or Form U4 amendments for customer complaints and disclosures
7. Serve as point of contact for any Fixed Income-related regulatory exams or investigations and work to implement and necessary corrective action.
8. Assist in responding to compliance and disclosure-related questions in RFPs
9. Participate in reviewing and determining the impact and requirements of new and/or amended security industry laws and regulations and recommend policy and procedural changes to comply with same and work with business unit personnel to implement any necessary changes or additions to policy and procedures
10. Assist in reviewing and updating the Firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures manual
11. Participate in the development of and assist in conducting the annual compliance meeting with all registered individuals within Fixed Income Capital Markets in order to fulfill regulatory requirements and maintain a well-informed and educated staff
12. Assist with the review and approval process of advertising and sales literature to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations
13. Participate in the overall development and administration of the Firm’s general compliance function and program.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related Field or moderate to significant industry work experience.
• Proficient knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB and state jurisdiction rules and regulations related to securities compliance, particularly in the areas of Public Finance and Fixed Income Trading.
• Successful completion of FINRA Securities Industry Essentials Exam and General Securities Representative Exam (Series 7), Uniform Combined Securities State Law Exam (Series 66 or 63 or 65), General Securities Principal (Series 24) and Municipal Securities Principal Exam (Series 53) within 180 days if the licenses are not currently held.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with others in a professional manner in a variety of situations.
• Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite required. Specifically, experience and understanding of Excel and Tableau is huge plus.
• Ability to handle confidential information and matters with discretion.
• Attention to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Demonstrated initiative, desire to challenge the process and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities while maintaining a positive and productive attitude.
• Ability and willingness to travel. (approximately 20% per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.