Experience and Skills
* Thorough, in-depth knowledge of the technical procedures and legal requirements for structuring and selling new and refunding bond issues.
* Proactive and analytical approach, ability to process information quickly and make sound decisions within strict time constraints.
* Detailed oriented, the ability to multi-task and prioritize job assignments and strong organizational skills.
* Thorough knowledge of the Company's investment banking policies, procedures, bond issuance process and fixed income products. Particular sector knowledge of Texas Public Finance.
* Ability to work with and learn various software programs as needed. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
* Successful completion of applicable industry exams.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision either independently or as a team member, under strict time constraints and handle high- pressure situations with public finance professionals, underwriters, bond counsel, client issuers and other parties involved in each financing.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Sound judgment, organizational, analytical and decision making skills, and an ability to work independently.
* Conduct research for and work on disclosure documents including preliminary and final official statements.
* Coordinate processes for closing transactions with internal and external parties.
* Compile and/or review materials necessary to secure and complete a timely and successful underwriting bond issue.
* Contribute to presentations/conference calls, marketing calls and formal presentations as requested.
* Participate as an underwriter/financial consultant in marketing programs and transactions to clients. Develop documents and present recommendations to meet specific financing needs that are in compliance with existing federal and state statutes. Review means of generating business for the department.
* Proactively investigate potential refunding's to identify bond issue opportunities.
* Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the sales team and trading desk in order to educate and assist them in selling public finance issues.
* Complete due diligence research for a client/issuer with respect to compliance with previous undertakings under rule 15c2-12 as applicable. Provides assistance to client/issuer in respect to compliance with the undertakings.
* Perform any other duties and special projects as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.