Experience and Skills
Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, or Accounting.
* Knowledge of, or desire to learn the Wealth Management Industry
* Understanding of Data Governance and Data Assurance; ability to follow firm standards and policies
* Prior experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence) and Agile is valuable
* Prior experience with Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, PBI, SQL Server) and/or Tableau
* Advanced working knowledge of data modeling and data warehousing techniques
* Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
* Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration, best practices, and follows Agile development
* Experience interpreting, modifying, and creating detailed business requirements for new integration, analysis, and business workflows.
* Experience creating data models and mapping business processes
* Experience working with Data Engineers to define, test and deploy robust data pipelines
* Use professional approaches to translate industry terms and nomenclature effectively across business lines and stakeholders
* Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
* Ability to travel for conferences and business meetings with advance notice when necessary.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Follows policies and procedures while maintaining client confidentiality.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Working with Data Engineers to transform raw and curated data into analytic solutions.
* Working with data visualization and analysis tools to build, publish and maintain data models leveraged in reporting and business analysis
* Working with the broader analyst community to gather, scope and prioritize analytic opportunities
* Working in a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop implementation plans, and ensure data quality standards
* Participating as a senior member in a Data Analyst Community of Practice and contributing to the establishment of a Data Analyst Center of Excellence
* Working as part of a senior IT team to expand data sets, transform data, publish and present business intelligence, while following Agile Development methodology
* Establishing and maintaining strong technology partnerships and cross-functional relationships to coordinate priorities and company-wide Business Intelligence objectives
* Documenting data requirements and evaluating complex business problems to present actionable analytic recommendations and requirements
* Acting as a liaison between IT, Data Governance and Assurance and the analyst community
* Establishing and maintaining and strong understanding of the Broker-Dealer / Wealth Management Industry
* Coordinate with data service providers and platforms to assist data engineers in the enhancement of data processing and data usage
* Performing ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.