Experience and Skills
* Proactive and analytical approach, ability to process information quickly and accurately, and make sound decisions within strict time constraints.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
* Proficient computer skills, able to utilize new systems or programs as necessary. Strong knowledge of Excel is a plus.
* 1-3 years of experience preferred. Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: trade support or municipal underwriting.
* FINRA Series 52 license required within first six months of employment. General knowledge of FINRA, MSRB and SEC Rules and Regulations and how they are applied.
* Provide input and assist in the marketing of the firm’s municipal bond underwritings.
* Communicate with Public Finance Bankers and the Sales Representatives to aid in information flow for marketing of new issues. The position is challenged to remain current and understand economic and market conditions, interest rate fluctuations, credit ratings and the impact these issues have on tax-exempt products.
* Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the structure and unique aspects for each issue, and have the ability to review bond documents to ensure accuracy and timely dissemination of information during marketing. This may also include preparation of certain documents related to new issues.
* Assist Public Finance Bankers with pricing schedules.
* Research and obtain information including industry and financial market trends, run data queries and analyze such data as requested by internal and external partners.
* Record and maintain orders received on new issues and assist with allocations as directed by the Underwriters.
* Process trades and ensure accuracy on all trading systems. Research, analyze and resolve problems and questions utilizing appropriate systems.
* Work closely with the accounting department to ensure all deals are appropriately posted. Provide the necessary information to accounting prior to each month end. Provide profit/loss reports to ensure the proper posting of trades.
* Assist in writing and maintaining policies and procedures and identifying standards and efficiencies for the department.
* Participate in special projects and perform any other duties as directed. This may include serving as backup to other positions in the department or providing training to new personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.