Experience and Skills
* 2-3 years’ experience with data-driven programming. Demonstrable Python, pandas and SQL skills.
* Bright, mature, and motivated with the desire to excel and ability to adapt in an intellectually challenging environment
* Interest in capital markets and a desire to become highly skilled in equity research
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and work well on a self-directed basis
* Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Proficient communication and presentation skills
* Manage and improve an existing set of homegrown differentiated alternative data products (built with Python, SQL, Tableau and web front ends)
* Collaborate with analysts across a spectrum of industry sectors (software, consumer goods, industrials, etc.) to codify their deep domain knowledge in custom-built data products.
* Use a mixture of scraping, feed ingestion, bulk text parsing and other techniques to extract publicly available data and distill relevant conclusions
* Make bold calls and produce actionable research for Davidson’s institutional clients based on conclusions from data-driven work.
* Researching market and industry trends and company specifics to become an expert
* Formulate and issue opinions and recommendations on securities and companies in one or more industry groups
* Prepare reports and statistical data for dissemination to firm clients and the investing public
* Answer inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm, and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups
* Discuss research findings with Sales & Trading associates and institutional clients
(e.g., analysts and portfolio managers at top mutual funds and hedge funds)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.