Experience and Skills
* Ability to think critically and solve problems with limited support from management.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 3+ years in business continuity and/or vendor risk management. (Higher degrees and industry specific certifications may be substituted for experience)
* Knowledge of business continuity recovery program design and implementation.
* Knowledge of crisis management processes and procedures.
* Ability to effectively communicate business continuity program considerations to all levels of the organization.
* Able to develop and interpret information in the context of the organization’s interests.
* Certification in business continuity (CBCI, CBCM, CBCP), cybersecurity, and/or risk management preferred.
* Individual must be able to perform with minimal direct supervision of routine duties; demonstrate ability to solve problems and take care of a variety of variables and situations where only limited standardization may exist; interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats; and be able to handle several tasks simultaneously.
* Effectively communicate status of assignments with others and management.
* Maintain enterprise-wide BCP that incorporates BIAs and associated risk assessments.
* Meet with department managers and business unit owners to perform BIAs for their areas.
* Based on the BIA, further develop and document recovery plans that are comprehensive and executable while meeting the needs of each business unit and department. Review efficacy and availability of business continuity management capabilities with leadership.
* Perform departmental and enterprise level BCP awareness sessions to ensure the organization is prepared to respond to business continuity events and disasters.
* Using the information from the BIAs and other risk assessment methodologies, identify and prioritize critical operations at an enterprise level.
* Assist management in coordinating, facilitating and documenting business continuity and disaster recovery exercises including the tracking of lessons learned to improve recovery plans.
* Perform operational risk management related to third party vendors including SOC reviews. Review any supplemental information provided by the vendor.
* Assist in leading enterprise-wide risk assessments in business continuity and cybersecurity with assistance from cybersecurity teams.
* Provide assistance and support to the business and IT teams in crisis management, regulatory compliance, functional exercise coordination and recovery solution development. Annual review and enhancement to department's policies, standards, procedures, and public disclosures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.