Experience and Skills
This is an outstanding opportunity if you are:
1. Eager to demonstrate your passion for wealth management to help others
2. Driven to build a customer-focused business
3. Hardworking, honest and possess a high degree of integrity
4. Collaborative, with excellent communication skills
5. Flexible and open-minded relative to relocation opportunities
6. A recent college graduate with a degree in finance or related major; or
7. Are you a near-term graduate student with a background in finance or related major?
8. Or, a business professional with some (1-3 years) of financial services or transferable experience
Year One - Planning Resource Center (Spokane, WA)
You will spend the first year of the program working in the Planning Resource Center, a division of D.A. Davidson’s Wealth Planning Group, located in Spokane. During this time you will:
1. Study and prepare to pass the FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licensing exams, and insurance exams. After completing the required licensing exams, you may begin studying for the professional credential program of your choice, selected from our approved list.
2. Learn wealth planning techniques and strategies, delve into the complexities of financial and estate planning, and become a subject matter expert on the firm’s financial planning software, MoneyGuidePro.
3. Attend an intensive training program at our corporate headquarters in Great Falls, Montana, learning the skills and techniques required for meaningful client interaction, portfolio construction and investment implementation.
Year Two - Financial Services Representative Team (Seattle, WA)
You will spend the second year of the program as a key member of the Financial Services Representative Team in Seattle. Here you will directly advise and guide clients through investment strategies and proposals, and find opportunities to help clients achieve their financial goals.
Year Three - D.A. Davidson Branch Office (various locations)
The third and final year will be spent as an Apprentice Financial Advisor in an assigned D.A. Davidson branch. In this role, you will act as a team member with a specified Financial Advisory team, engaging in daily activities of the practice such as wealth planning, client relationship management, prospecting, and practice management. Your branch assignment will be determined upon a variety of factors, including availability, location, and living arrangements. Best efforts will be made to consider your preferences.
Upon completion of the third year of the program, it is our goal that you formally join a Financial Advisory team as a valued, long-term team member. If this is not possible, you may be qualified for another role within the firm and will be encouraged to apply for other open positions. Completion of the Apprentice Program does not guarantee a permanent role at D.A. Davidson.
We will begin accepting applications in Fall 2020. We look forward to getting to know you! Our interview process is as follows:
* September/October 2020 - Applications accepted and first round virtual interviews held
* November/December 2020 - Panel interviews in Seattle and final decisions made
July 1, 2021 - Program begins in Spokane
For more information, contact Jill McEntee, VP of New FA Development and Acquisition, at email@example.com or (206) 389-8000.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.