Experience and Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience.
* Proactive and analytical approach, ability to process information quickly and make sound decisions within strict time constraints.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
* Proven ability to manage a team in a dynamic, client-centric environment.
* Proficient computer skills, able to utilize new systems or programs as necessary.
* FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 licenses required within first 6 months of employment.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: corporate debt or equity financial analysis; real estate finance; land development finance; municipal bond analysis; financial modeling.
* Provide thought leadership to the quant team and support team development.
* Oversee the intake of all modeling requests; ensure the goals of each model are clearly identified; assess prior work product provided to the client and client expectations and consider the implication of the current model on those expectations.
* Partner with the bankers and conduct analysis with a focus on the larger context including the client's goals and expectations. Facilitate dialog to confirm shared assumptions when banker or client inputs and or structuring assumptions begin to diverge.
* Improve the overall modeling process. Devise sound models that are attractive, easy to read, and clearly show the key inputs and outputs, including benchmarking against industry standard methodologies. Increase the institutional consistency and replicability of the group's models.
* Provide timely feedback to trading desk on pricing requests; coordinate scale requests and provide clear direction and context to the desk.
* Understand and apply the legal frameworks that impact financial modeling, including tax codes and or state laws for refundings, reserve fund sizing, capitalized interest sizing, escrow investment, feasibility, private payment/private use, private loan.
* Coordinate with banking team in regular review of refinancing list to support modeling needs; prepare and briefly address requested analysis at monthly meetings.
* Manage the team's maintenance of the database of assumptions gleaned from prior research and market studies.
* Perform any other duties and special projects as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive.