Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10+ years of relative professional experience.
• Prior management experience and experience as a Financial Advisor preferred.
• Juris Doctor. CFP® strongly preferred
• Series 7 and 66 (or 7, 63, and 65) required within first 6 months of employment
• Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance Licenses required within first 6 months of employment
• Expert knowledge of MoneyGuidePro
• Ability to analyze and simplify complicated wealth planning solutions to a variety of clientele
• Leadership capabilities to see projects and initiatives to completion and to carry out the mission of the department.
• Act as a key resource and contributor on cross-departmental projects.
• Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to collaborate across business units and teams.
• Flexibility to travel to branches in the Davidson footprint, sometimes with short notice.
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
• Intimate working knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code.
• Experience in developing estate plans for ultra-high net-worth clients.
• Responsible for all general business activities and departmental leadership including development and implementation of short and long-range department objectives and strategies, and tracking to completion. Manages budget and controls expenses.
• Manages and executes customized client wealth planning analysis, recommendations, plan development, presentation, and execution in collaboration with Financial Advisors (FAs). Consults with clients and FAs on a variety of planning strategies including estate planning, equity-based compensation, asset protection, multi-generational wealth transfer, federal and state death tax minimization, tax advantaged philanthropic gifting, business succession, wealth replacement, gifting, key-person insurance, qualified plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation.
• Oversees the design, development, implementation and assessment of all Wealth Planning programs.
• Oversees Planning Resource Center activities and initiatives to ensure quality training of Financial Advisors Branch Staff, and Apprentices on MoneyGuidePro and the execution of a planning practice.
• Oversees and supervises Custom Proposal Consulting activities to ensure accuracy and quality of recommendations.
• Ensures department generates quality client-facing and advisor-facing educational materials.
• Develops and presents educational seminars for clients as well as internal training seminars.
• Keeps current with tax and estate planning solutions by reading relevant journals, going to meetings/seminars and attending relevant courses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.